Secure your child’s educational future today.

EduSecure is specially designed for parents like you to build up your child's education fund progressively. It comes with a combination of non-participating endowment (EduSecure Basic) and investment-linked (EduSecure Saver) where 70% of the premiums paid are channelled to EduSecure Basic while the remaining 30% goes towards EduSecure Saver. The premiums allocated to EduSecure Saver are invested in your preferred fund(s) to generate potentially better investment returns to enhance your overall savings.

In addition, EduSecure offers life insurance coverage for both you and your child. Should something unexpected happen to you, the education fund under this plan will not be affected. When your child reaches education milestone ages, EduRewards and EduRewards Plus come into effect. Cash payout from EduRewards can help to pay for tuition fees, enrichment courses or even act as pocket money. At maturity, EduRewards Plus can be used to mark a graduation celebration. Why wait? Time is on your side. Use it to your child's educational advantage with EduSecure.


Coverage for Death & Total and Permanent Disability (TPD)

In the unfortunate event of Death or TPD* of the child (Life Assured), whichever occurs earlier during the policy term, the following will be payable after deducting any indebtedness:

The higher amount of:
  • Total premium paid for EduSecure Basic; or
  • 100% of the Basic Sum Assured
Account Value

While the policy is in-force, EduRewards which is a guaranteed cash payment equivalent to 30% of the Basic Sum Assured less any indebtedness will be payable on the policy anniversary where the Life Assured age next birthday is 18, 19, 20 and 21 respectively.

You have the following choice:

  • Option 1
    Receive the EduRewards when it is due.
  • Option 2
    Re-invest the EduRewards into your chosen investment-linked funds.
EduRewards Plus

Upon maturity, EduRewards Plus equivalent to 30% of the Basic Sum Assured plus Account Value (if any), less any indebtedness will be payable as maturity benefit.

Potential Returns from Investment-linked Funds

Account Value is formed by investing the following sources into your preferred investment-linked funds:

  1. Premiums paid for EduSecure Saver**; and
  2. 100% of the EduRewards (if you have selected Option 2); and
  3. Single Investment Top-Up Premium** (if any).

This investment element can potentially boost your child’s education funds.

Coverage for Payer
  1. Payer Benefit Rider (Compulsory)
    Payer Benefit Rider is made mandatory under this plan for you to enjoy the education tax relief (subject to approval by the Inland Revenue Board). This rider will waive the future premiums in the event of Death or TPD of the Payer, or if the Payer is diagnosed with one of the 36 Critical Illness during the basic premium paying term. With this, you will have peace of mind knowing that your child's education remains undisrupted.

  2. Term Rider – Payer (Optional)
    You may opt to attach a Term Rider which provides coverage against Death and TPD for the Payer during the basic premium paying term, up to 100% of the Basic Sum Assured. The benefit payable can be served as a compassionate allowance to your next of kin.
Conversion Privilege at Maturity

Upon maturity, your child has the privilege to purchase a regular premium protection plan which covers Death and TPD for the same or lower Basic Sum Assured without any medical underwriting. This option must be exercised within 90 days before or after the maturity date.

List of Funds

MCIS Life Balanced Fund
MCIS Life Equity Fund
MCIS Life Income Fund
MCIS Life Jati Fund
MCIS Life Dividend Fund
MCIS Life AsiaPac Fund
MCIS Life Global Yakin Fund

Please refer to the List of Investment Linked Funds for more details.

* TPD Benefit will be payable after 6 months from the date of diagnosis.
** Only 95% will be allocated to purchase fund units. The remaining 5% unallocated portion will be used to meet company expenses and direct distribution costs including commissions payable to your agent.

The product information above is for general information only and it is NOT a contract of insurance. You are advised to refer to the Product Brochure (if applicable), Sales Illustration (if applicable), Product Disclosure Sheet and Policy Contract for full details.